News
Volkswagen Woes Continues As Staffs Protest In Brussels Plant
Thousands of workers in Brussels protested today due to the announced closure of the Volkswagen factory there, where the luxury model of the electric Audi is produced.
Police said the demonstration, which featured large banners reading “Industry is ours,” was peaceful and drew approximately 5,500 people, Reuters reports.
Workers in the Brussels factory complain about job and salary insecurity, while union representatives also warn of the wider context of the problem, namely that car production is increasingly being moved outside of Europe. The endangered factory, which produced around 50,000 cars last year, has problems with long-standing challenges such as high logistics costs.
Volkswagen’s management decided on a major savings program until 2026 and cancelled the employment guarantee for around 110,000 workers to deal with a cash deficit of five billion euros.
“The economic environment has deteriorated again, new suppliers are coming to Europe. In addition, Germany is particularly lagging in terms of competitiveness. We as a company now have to act consistently in this environment,” said Volkswagen CEO Oliver Blume.




-
News1 week agoLamborghini Revuelto SV Sets Production-Car Lap Record Ahead Of August 14 World Premiere
-
News1 week agoToyota Recall Over Half A Million Camry Sedans
-
Business4 days agoDangote Cement Rewards Top Distributor With New 2026 Lexus LX700h Worth Over ₦400 Million
-
News1 week agoPeugeot Confirms 7 New Models And Breaks Its Promise To Reduce Petrol By 2030
-
News7 days agoDavido’s Mystery Supercar? Mansory Teases One-Off Open-Top Masterpiece Believed To Be Bugatti Mistral
-
News6 days agoThe Four-Cylinder Engine Issues With Jaguar Land Rover Are Still There
-
Auto Sport1 week ago7:32 Minutes: All-New Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Sets Nürburgring Record As Fastest In Its Class
-
News5 days agoMoment Fiat Panda Drives Onto Runway And Crashes Into Private Jet Taxiing At Milan Airport
