Today’s Photos : Audi workers demonstrating the body strength of the Audi 920 in 1938.
Audi 920, introduced in 1938, replaced the Audi Front UW 225 and Horch 830 sedans.
By the time production of the last pre-war Audi came to an end in 1940, 1,281 cars had been produced.
The Audi 920 sedan was introduced in 1938 by the Audi division of Auto Union to replace the Audi Front UW 225 and Horch 830 sedans.
920 was the last car to carry the Audi name until the Audi F103 in 1965, which marked the resurrection of the brand by Volkswagen shortly after its takeover of Auto Union the previous year.
The 920 featured a front-mounted six-cylinder in-line engine with a displacement of 3.3L and a maximum output of 75 PS (55 kW. It had a maximum speed of 130 km/h (81 mph).
By the time production of the last pre-war Audi came to an end in 1940, 1,281 of the Audi 920 cars had been produced.