12 Things To Know About Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup Truck
From its competitors to its features, here are twelve (12) things to know about Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup Truck.
Earlier this week, US automaker unveiled the all-new Ford F-150 Lightning, an all-electric version of the company’s best-selling pickup truck, to disrupt the lucrative $100 billion+ truck market.
Here are twelve (12) things to know about Ford F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup Truck
1) The Ford F-150 Lightning is an all-electric version of the company’s world’s best-selling pickup truck and America’s best-selling vehicle.
2) 78 year old President Joe Biden was one of the first to get behind the wheel of the electric pickup truck, remarking ‘this sucker’s quick’
3) It goes on sale in mid-2022 with a starting price of $39,974, which is $10,000 more than the cheapest petrol version of the F-150 and also cheaper than its competitors.
4) With the choice of two battery capacities, the F-150 will go up to 230 miles or 300 miles for the extended range version on a full charge.
5) Hop inside, then you find Ford’s latest Sync 4A infotainment system, a 15.5-inch touchscreen and a 12-inch digital instrument cluster. It also features self-driving technology that can be used on US highways.
6) F150 Lightning features a ‘mega power frunk’ under the bonnet, which is the biggest in class. According to Ford, the 400 litres of storage space, fitted out with four electrical outlets and two USB chargers, can be used to carry up to five bags of cement.
See Also : Joe Biden Wants To Electrify Presidential Limousine After Test Driving Ford F-150 Lightning EV Truck
7) When it enters the market in mid 2022, the F-150 will disrupt a $100 billion+ truck market, by competing with the likes of Tesla Cybertruck, Rivian R1T and Hummer EV pickups.
8) According to Ford’s words, the electric truck is ‘wickedly quick off the mark’, accelerating from zero to 60mph in around 4.5 seconds. This will allow it to keep up with a Bentley Continental GT in a sprint.
9) Versions of Lightning truck fitted with 18-inch wheels has maximum payload (carrying capacity) of 907kg and a towing capacity of up to 4,536kg.
10) Customers who buy the truck capable of 150kW DC fast-charging will get a 150kW DC home charging station. This will allow them boost their battery from 15 per cent to 80 per cent charge in just 41 minutes.
11) The truck also features a ‘Power at Home’ function. This has the capacity to use 9.6kW of the battery charge to power a home if there’s a black out for up to 10 days.
12) And lastly, with Nigerian companies like Silverbird showing its love for cleaner vehicles, don’t be surprised when you find the electric pickup truck on Nigerian roads before 2022 runs out.
See Also : Ford Unveils Its All Electric F-150 Lightning Pickup Truck Which Is Fast And Powerful (Photos)