No matter how sophisticated you may think your car is, it may not be a very good idea to drive them through flooded roads. But when one is faced with the challenge of driving through a flooded road because no other alternative can be adopted; you must be very careful and should adopt these tips.
Before then, if you have better alternative, there won’t be need of taking chances.
Below are the 6 tips of driving through flooded roads:
1. It is advised you turn off your car air conditioner and use the natural ventilation from the windows. We would be writing a post on why you should turn off the AC.
2. Never ever dream of speeding through the flood talk more of actualizing this dream. Speeding through the flood might make you lose traction and control. You can as well hit something that might damage your car because flooded water is always cloudy; you can’t see through
3. Steady movement of the car is considered the best in this situation of driving through the flood. Avoid any attempt to rev the engine too high inside flood water.
4. After driving through the flood, don’t speed off like a jet immediately. Be patient enough to take it easy. After going through a flooded road, the efficiency of your braking system will be reduced for some time. Don’t speed off immediately, give it time.
5. Don’t use your horn and air conditioner immediately; allow them to dry so that they don’t get damaged. Electrical and electronic circuits are enemies with water. They don’t always go together.
6. If you must always go through the flood repeatedly because there is no alternative route and you must go out with your car, consider flushing your radiator once in a while.