How To Reset Maintenance Required Light In 2006-2012 Toyota RAV4 After Oil Change
This article shows you the steps for resetting the maintenance required light on the dashboard of Toyota RAV4. The procedure is same for 2006-2012 RAV4.
The ‘oil maint reqd’ light in your Lexus simply means a service interval has been met. And this means engine oil is due for change. It comes on 5,000 miles after the last time it was reset.
This light comes on strictly as a function of miles covered by your car, and it is never an indication that something is wrong with your car. So your heart doesn’t skip a beat whenever it pops up on your dashboard.
This reset in your 2006-2012 Toyota RAV4 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure you should follow to reset the maintenance required light in your 2006-2012 Toyota RAV4 after each oil change.
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Ensure odometer reading is shown.
- Turn ignition off.
- While holding down the trip meter reset knob turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Hold down knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates “000000” and the light goes off. If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.