Our ability to see clearly while driving is very essential to our safety. An obstructed vision because of poor visibility can lead to grave consequences.
Your eyes are your first line of defense. If you cannot see properly, you will not be able to avoid problems. If you cannot see the hazard, you will not be able to deal with it.
Poor vision while driving can be caused by a number of factors. For instance: (a.) cracks on the windshield or mirror. (b.) dirt on the outside of the windscreen or on the mirror. (c.) Smudging or stains from wiping with a dirty cloth or hands (d.) hand or finger prints on the windscreen or mirrors. This can cause real problems with glare when the sun is low on the horizon. (e.) poorly adjusted mirrors. (f.) dust or frost on the outside (and/or inside) of the windscreen or on the mirrors.
So, here are a few tips on how to get your mirrors and windscreen ready in order to have a safe trip.
- Always clean your windscreen and mirrors before a trip.
- Always adjust your mirrors in a way that all the blind spots are minimized.
- Check your windscreen wipers regularly to make sure they are in good condition. Otherwise, a bad wiper can result in scratches on your windscreen.
- Regularly wash the inside of the windscreen to remove dust, dirt and smudging.
- Keep your windscreen washer reservoir full and either top it up regularly or keep a spare jug in the vehicle.
- Make an effort to clean your windscreen at least once in a week. It only takes a few minutes.
- When cleaning your windscreen or mirrors, use a dry microfiber cloth for the interior, glass cleaner and towel for the exterior, and add a bit of white vinegar to both sides to make them shine.
- When cleaning, check your windscreen for cracks and proactively take care of them immediately. A small crack can turn into a big crack over time and can lead you to needing your whole windshield replaced.
- Inside a garage or a carport are great places to park ones vehicle. These places protect your windscreens in case of extreme weather or an unexpected fallen tree
News12 mins ago
Kia Sonet Arrives In Nigeria As An Urban And Athletic Compact SUV
News2 days ago
A Single Parking Space In U.S Is Selling For $375,000, Enough To Buy 18 Toyota Corollas
News2 days ago
NDLEA Boss Buba Marwa Warn Keke Marwa Operators Against Carrying Drug Traffickers
News1 day ago
Jaguar SUV Tows Rolls-Royce Electric Aircraft As It Takes To The Skies For The First Time
Latest Cars1 day ago
2022 Toyota Tundra Is Here, Its All New And More Powerful (Photos)
Auto Fun2 days ago
Check Out The Mercedes-AMG GT R SpeedLegend Which Is Very Rare
News1 day ago
Get A Free Brand New Mercedes S-Class When You Buy Apartment In Banana Island, Lagos, From Sujimoto
News8 hours ago
All 300 Units Of The Acura NSX Type S Sold In Under 24 Hours