Whether you like it or not, Peugeot 301 has taken the lead in the Nigerian automobile market. It was crowned the best car of 2016.
This ride is assembled in Kaduna, Nigeria by PAN Nigeria Limited which we have always known from childhood.
The 301 got majority votes from the online contest as well as votes from Auto journalists. However, some are of the opinion that the award should have gone to cars that have become widely accepted in Nigeria in recent times. e.g Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra etc..
Other awards went to:
- Mercedes Benz S-class – Luxury Car of the year.
- Toyota Prado – Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) of the year.
- Ford Ranger – Pick up of the year.
- Toyota Hiace – Mini Bus of the year.
- Mercedes Actros – Heavy Truck of the year.