This article shows you the steps for resetting the maintenance required light on the dashboard of Toyota Camry. The procedure is same for fifth generation Toyota Camry (2007 – 2011).
The Toyota Camry’s ‘maint reqd’ light simply means a service interval has been met. And this means engine oil is due for change. It comes on 5,000 miles after the last time it was reset.
This light comes on strictly as a function of those miles; it has no way of knowing whether your oil has or hasn’t been changed in the interim, and it never, ever is an indication of something being wrong. So your heart doesn’t skip a bit whenever it pops up on your dashboard.
Below are the steps you should follow to reset the maintenance required light in your 2007 – 2011 Toyota Camry.
Start the engine and press the odometer button to bring up the trip meter A reading.
- Make sure odometer (ODO) is displaying total mileage (usually the ‘A’ display).
- Turn off vehicle, if on.
- While vehicle is off, press and hold ODO reset / readout button
- Continuing to hold down ODO button, turn the key in ignition. until dash lights come on. Do not start the vehicle.
- ODO display will blink a few times then start show all zeros.
- After ODO has begun to display zeros, release ODO button and turn the key back to ‘off’ position.
- ‘MAINT REQD’ light will now be off.