Dangote Cement Plc made donations of 25 police patrol vehicles to Ogun Security Trust Fund.
Dangote Cement Plc is a Nigerian multinational cement manufacturer with headquarter in Lagos. The company is into manufacturing, preparation, importation, packaging, and distribution of cement and related products in Nigeria. It is a subsidiary of Dangote Group.
The 25 patrol vehicles are all GA3S; a product of Guangzhou carmaker – GAC Motor. According to GAC Motor, these Vehicles have been specifically adjusted to perform well on bumpy and muddy roads, for example, by adding higher chassis to improve passing clearance. GAC Motor GA3S has a price tag of N6,950,000. However, getting 20 of it will cost N139 Million.
See Some of the specifications of the GA3S below;
- Length, Width and Height (mm) : 4590 x 1790 x 1490
- Wheelbase (mm) : 2620
- Curb Weight (KG) : 1235 (Manual Transmission) and 1265 (Automatic Transmission)
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L) : 50 litres
- Boot Capacity: (L) : 450 litres
- Engine Technic : DCVVT (Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing)
- Maximum Power (Kw/rpm) : 90/6,300
- Maximum Torque (N.m/rpm) : 158/4,500
- Top Speed (Km/hr) : 190 (MT) and 175 (AT)
- Average Fuel Consumption (L/100km) : 5.6 (MT) and 6.0 (AT)
- 5 speed manual transmission or 4 speed automatic transmission
- Occupant detection sensor
- Dual front airbag
- Cruise control
- Keyless entry
- Engine immobilizer
- Remote trunk release
- Parking sensors
- Rear view camera
- Follow me home headlights
- Headlight height manual adjustment
- Fog light
- Power adjustable side mirrors
- Side mirrors with defogging and defrosting functions
- CD, AV (Audio & Video), AUX, USB port
- Option of leather seat.
In late 2014, GAC Motor opened its first dealership in Nigeria, with a second one following in 2016. In February 2018, GAC Motor’s signature model, the GS8, was introduced in Nigeria.
However, the Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, in 2019, signed the State Security Trust Fund Bill into law.