The procedure for obtaining the learner‘s permit is as follows:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Obtain form MVA 15.
- Pay the prescribed fee.
- Attend a certified driving school.
- Obtain a pass from driving school with third issue learner’s permit.
- Drive for at least 3 months accompanied by an instructor who is a licensed driver.
- Affix plates displaying the letter “L” on the front and rear of the vehicle.
It is also compulsory for all learner’s permit applicants to obtain the Nigeria highway code.