News
Non-Travellers Won’t Be Allowed At Airports – FAAN

Non-travellers are to stay away from airports. This instruction was issued by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria. It was issued ahead of the resumption of commercial flights in the country.
It also enjoined persons coming to pick up arriving passengers to remain in their cars until travellers exit airports’ entrances.
The Authority made this known on Wednesday. According to them, this is part of the new protocols for the restart of flights amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Announcing via Twitter, it wrote, “Non-travelling passengers will not be allowed into the Airport Terminal Buildings. People coming to pick up arriving passengers are advised to remain in their cars until passengers exit the gate. Stay safe.”
FAAN also urged travellers to wear face masks, maintain two metres distance at the airport. Passengers are also expected to arrive at airports at least three hours before flights to ensure proper checks.

Non-Travellers Won’t Be Allowed At Airports – FAAN
According to reports, the Federal Government had earlier said civil aviation authorities will determine the resumption of domestic flights in the country. This was according to the National Coordinator of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Sani Aliyu. He said this on June 1.
“The aviation industry is requested to start developing protocols to allow for domestic flights to resume anytime from the 21st of June onwards.”

However, while giving an update last week, Aliyu said the PTF was yet to receive any update from the aviation sector on its preparedness to restart commercial flight operations.
Nigeria’s airports and airspace were shut in March by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), as part of efforts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
But the President’s directive allowed the operation of essential flights including those for medical and evacuation purposes, amongst others.
-
Business1 week agoDangote Cement Rewards Top Distributor With New 2026 Lexus LX700h Worth Over ₦400 Million
-
Celebrities Auto3 days agoInside KC Luxury’s Car Collection: From A ₦2.5B Brabus 800 Adventure XLP To Alicia Keys’ Former Maybach
-
News6 days agoMansa Fulfills Challenge: TikTok Star Peller Gifted ₦300 Million Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon
-
News6 days agoUltra-Rare, Centre-Driving McLaren F1 GTR Fetches Record $34.6 Million At Auction
-
Celebrities Auto18 hours agoThrowback: When KC Luxury Boasted Of Being The Only Person In The World To Own Two Rare Mercedes-Maybachs
-
News5 days agoPorsche And Chinese Company Xpeng Collaborate To Lower Average Emissions In Europe
-
Auto Sport1 week agoTractor Maker’s JCB Hydromax Sets New 406-mph World Land Speed Record For A Hydrogen-powered Vehicle
-
News5 days ago“Wike Carry ‘Rivers’ Come Abuja”: Citizens React As Flash Floods Submerge Luxury Vehicles



