7 Safety Precautions To Observe While Operating The Trunk Of Your SUV
Every SUV out there have a trunk space for storage. There are safety precautions you should strive to adhere to while opening and closing the trunk of your SUV. Failure to do so may cause parts of the body to be caught, resulting in serious injury
1. Remove any heavy loads from the back door (trunk) before opening it. Failure to do so may cause the trunk fall closed again after it is opened.
2. When opening and closing the trunk, thoroughly check to make sure the surrounding area is safe.
3. If anyone is in the vicinity, make sure they are safe and let them know that the trunk is about to open and close.
4. The trunk may fall if it is not fully opened. Make sure it is fully opened and secure before using the luggage compartment.
5. When closing the trunk, extra care is needed to prevent your finger and other part of your body from being caught.
6. Do not attach any accessories other than genuine motor parts to the trunk. Such additional weight may cause the trunk to fall closed again after it is opened.
7. For vehicles with power back door, use caution when using it as it still operates even when the power back door system is cancelled. Check the safety of the surrounding area to make sire there are no obstacles or anything that could cause any of your belongings to get caught. If anyone is in the vicinity, make sure they are safe and let them know that the trunk is about to open or close.
When next you’re about opening or closing the trunk of your SUV, do well to observe the safety precautions stated above.