This article shows you the steps for resetting the maintenance required light on the dashboard of Toyota Camry. The procedure is same for seventh generation Toyota Camry (2012 – 2014).
The Toyota Camry’s ‘maint reqd’ light simply means a service interval has been met. And this means engine oil is due for change. It comes on 5,000 miles after the last time it was reset.
This light comes on strictly as a function of miles covered by your car, and it is never an indication that something is wrong with your car. So your heart doesn’t skip a beat whenever it pops up on your dashboard.
Below are the steps you should follow to reset the maintenance required light in your 2012 – 2014 Toyota Camry.
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Ensure trip meter reading A is shown. Turn ignition off.
- While holding down the trip meter reset knob turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Continue to press and hold the knob until the trip meter displays “000000”.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.