Even though electric poles rarely fall on cars in Naija,we don’t pray for accidents ,but you could hit a pole one day or an electric wire might fall on your car.It would be helpful to know what to do in such a situation.
When I say electric wire ,I don’t mean only Nepa wire or pole,ANY electric wire no matter how small including that of street lights.
Let’s learn !
1.Assume There Is Current Flowing
Don’t even try to have the idea that there is no current flowing in the wire .This is not the time to say “shebi Nepa has not given this area light for 5 months”.Its safer to assume the wires have current flowing through them.
2.Stay In Your Car
Remain in your car ,don’t get out yet !.Call 112 and explain what just happened.Wait for them to come and clear the danger before getting out.
3.If There Is Danger
While waiting, if something like a fire starts or you see smoke ,its better you get out of the car ,but WAIT !,it has to be done the right way.
- Open the car door,while your feet are still in the car.
- Try to stand upright holding the car door ,while your feet are still in the car.
- Now jump out and make sure both legs land on the floor at the same time ,while keeping them close to each other,be careful not to fall !
- Now shuffle your legs carefully moving away while keeping your legs close to each other.
- Or you could just keeping hoping away,and landing on both legs(keeping them close to each other) at the same time ,until you are about 35 feet away.
Warn other people to stay away from your car ,they could get electrocuted if there is current flowing through.
If you need a physical and practical approach to these instructions ,you should see the video below
We hope we have added something to your knowledge bank.
Kindly share !!!
Also don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and download our android app for more informative tips !