Below is a comprehensive list of Lagos State Emergency Numbers.
In order to use any of the numbers, follow the following procedure:
- Dial the relevant emergency Number
- Tell the Emergency Operator the “True state” of the emergency
- The exact location – Your full address and telephone number
- What the exact emergency is (armed robbery, fire, violent assault, etc)
- Give telephone number (if you can recall under the threat situation)
- To enhance effective communication under distress, PLEASE REMAIN CALM
These numbers are for different Governmental agencies and departments in the case of issues and questions. In case of any emergency, call the corresponding agency.
Universal Emergency Telephone Number
Some Lagosians are not particularly impressed by the absence of a single shortcode emergency number.
Emergency telephone numbers are short. They are mostly three-digit numbers to make it easy for remembrance,
In many countries, the public switched telephone network has a single emergency telephone number (sometimes known as the universal emergency telephone number or the emergency services number) that allows a caller to contact local emergency services for assistance. The emergency number differs from country to country; it is typically a three-digit number so that it can be easily remembered and dialled quickly. Some countries have a different emergency number for each of the different emergency services; these often differ only by the last digit.
If you have ever called Lagos emergency numbers before, share your experience with us.
How effective are these numbers and what is your experience with these numbers?