The F-PACE has become the fastest-selling Jaguar ever, with the 100,000th vehicle recently rolling off the production line at Jaguar Land Rover’s Solihull manufacturing facility. The performance SUV has received more than 70 global awards, including the 2017 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year titles.
The F-PACE features an aluminium intensive architecture with six airbags to create a super-strong occupant safety cell allied with a suite of advanced driver assistance systems. The combination of active and passive safety measures helped deliver an overall Euro NCAP rating of 85%.
Some of the safety features are:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection: provides an audible forward collision warning and should the driver not take action, applies the brakes to help reduce the severity of a collision or prevent it
- Forward Traffic Detection: is able to detect items crossing the path of the vehicle. It then provides a visual warning on the central screen when a potential hazard is detected
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist: automatically reduces speed should the vehiclew ahead slow down and, once the road ahead is clear, will resume its pre-set speed
- Lane Keep Assist: detects unintentional lane drift and can guide the driver back towards the centre by applying a small amount of counter-steering
- Reverse Traffic Monitor: warns the driver of vehicles, pedestrians or other hazards approaching from either side of the vehicle, providing audio and visual alerts
- Driver Condition Monitor: senses driver fatigue by monitoring steering, brake and accelerator inputs to provide alerts when tiredness is detected
- Blind Spot Assist: alerts the driver to vehicles in, or fast approaching, the blind spot with a flashing warning light and will guide the car safely away if the vehicle begins to change lanes
See Related Post 13 Basic Driving Ethics Nigerian Drivers Don’t Practice