This article shows you the steps for resetting the maintenance required light on the dashboard of Toyota Corolla. The procedure is same for Ninth generation Toyota Corolla (2003 – 2007).
The Toyota Corolla’s ‘maint reqd’ light simply means a service interval has been met. And this means engine oil is due for change. It comes on 5,000 miles after the last time it was reset.
This light comes on strictly as a function of those miles; it has no way of knowing whether your oil has or hasn’t been changed in the interim, and it never, ever is an indication of something being wrong. So your heart doesn’t skip a bit whenever it pops up on your dashboard.
Below are the steps you should follow to reset the maintenance required light in your 2003 – 2007 Toyota Corolla.
- Turn the ignition key to ‘ON’ and press the odometer button until the display reads ODO (not Trip A or B).
- Turn the ignition key to OFF.
- Hold in the same button you used in step 1.
- While holding the button in, turn the ignition key to ON
- The ODOMETER will change from 5 dashes to 1 dash and then woulkd change to all zeros and then back to the correct mileage.
- Then the Maintenance Required light should blink and go out.