This article shows you the steps for resetting the oil service light on the dashboard of Ford Edge. The procedure is same for 2010 to 2015 Ford Edge model year.
This light comes on strictly as a function of those miles; it has no way of knowing whether your oil has or hasn’t been changed in the interim, and it never, ever is an indication of something being wrong. So your heart doesn’t skip a bit whenever it pops up on your dashboard.
Below are the steps you should follow to reset the oil light in your 2010–2015 Ford Edge.
- Press and release the SETUP button to display “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New”
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100%
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT arrow to enter the submenu
- Scroll to the Vehicle menu and press the RIGHT arrow
- Scroll to the Oil Life Reset menu and press the OK button
For more context and step by step instructions on how to reset your oil life indicator on a Ford Edge 2010-2015, watch the video below;