524 Roads And Bridges That Buhari Is Constructing In Nigeria
Fashola made the revelation while updating the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on the ongoing road and bridge construction/rehabilitation projects nationwide.
The Minister also revealed that every State in the Federation including the FCT has at least three such ongoing projects.
According to him, 80 of them as priority projects scheduled for completion in the 2020-2021 fiscal year. They were prioritized to enhance ease of doing business in the locations.
Listed as priority projects include 27 financed with Sovereign SUKUK Fund. Another 47 projects were scheduled for substantial completion in 2020/2021 and other priority projects, two roads leading to the ports and four major bridges.
Fashola also noted that Federal roads and bridges (categorized from A1 to A9) are major arterial routes that connect all states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory. He adding that the routes and bridges linked cities with high economic activities and carried the majority of Heavy Goods Vehicles which gradually dispersed through the link routes to different parts of the country.
The list of the projects was released by the Minister Of Works and Housing. The brief also provided a detailed record of ongoing road and bridge projects in the 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
List Of Some of The 524 Roads and Bridges
Below are some of the construction projects – roads and bridges – across the country as listed by the Minister:
- Lagos-Ibadan-Ilorin-Jebba-Kotangora-Jega-Sokoto-Niger Border (A1)
- Warri-Benin-Lokoja-Abuja-Kaduna-Kano-Daura-Niger Border (A2)
- Port Harcourt-Aba-Umuahia-Okigwe-Oturkpo-Makurdi-Akwanga-Jos-Bauchi-Maiduguri-Gamboru (A3)
- and Calabar-Ikom-Ogoja-Katsina Ala-Jalingo-Yola-Bama-Maiduguri (A4)
- Lagos-Otta-Abeokuta-Ibadan (A5)
- Onitsha-Ihiala-Owerri—A.3 Junction at Umu Uyo (A6)
- Chikanda, Kosubosu-Kaiama-Kishi-Ilorin (A7)
- Mayo Belwa-Ganye-Serti-Mayo Selbe-Gembu (A8)
- and Jibiya-Katsina-Kano (A9)
According to the Fashola, some of the prioritized road projects being funded through the Sovereign SUKUK Fund, include:
- Abuja-Abaji Road (Section 1, International Airport Link Road Junction-Sheda Village Junction)
- Abuja-Lokoja Road Section IV (Koton Karfi-Lokoja)
- Dualisation of Obajana Junction-Benin Phase 2: Section 1 (Obajana Junction to Okene)
- Construction of Oju/Loko-Oweto Bridge to Link Loko and Oweto
- Reconstruction of Bida-Lambata Road in Niger State
- Dualization of Suleja-Minna Road Phase 11 in Niger State
- They also include Kano-Maiduguri Road (Section ii, iii and iv)
- rehabilitation of outstanding section of Onitsha-Enugu Expressway: Amansea- Enugu State Border
- Dualization Of Obajana Junction-Benin Phase 2: (Section ii, iii and iv)
- Rehabilitation of Enugu-Port Harcourt Road Section iv: Aba-Port Harcourt
- Dualization Of Yenegwe Road Junction-Kolo-Otuoke-Bayelsa Palm (20km)
- Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin (Section ii) in Oyo State,
- Reconstruction of the outstanding Sections of Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Ajebandele-Shagamu Expressway Phase iii,
- Pavement strengthening and asphalt overlay of Ajebandele- Ijebu Ode-Shagamu Road in Ogun State.
Some of the projects scheduled for substantial completion in 2020/2021 and other priority projects, according to the Minister, include:
- Rehabilitation of Alesi-Ugep (Iyamoyung-Ugep) Section in Cross River State
- Construction of Yenegwe-Okaki-Kolo-Nembe-Brass Road
- Completion of rehabilitation of Ada-Okere-Ukoni-Amedokhiom Old Road, Uromi, Edo State
- The rehabilitation of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene Road in (Section i) and Odukpani-Itu Bridge Head in Cross River State
- Construction of Bodo-Bonny Road with a bridge across the Opobo Channel, in Rivers State,
- Rehabilitation of Odukpani Junction-Akpet Central Section of Calabar-Ikom-Ogoja Road in Cross River State
- Rehabilitation of Oshogbo-Ilesha Road in Osun State
- Dualization of Abeokuta-Ibadan Road
- Reconstruction of Apapa-Wharf Road in Lagos State, among others
The four bridges under the priority projects are:
32. Construction of Ibi Bridge
33. Completion of construction of Chanchangi Bridge along Takum-Wukari Road in Taraba State
34. Construction of Ikom Bridge in Cross River State
35. The emergency rehabilitation/maintenance of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos
36. The construction of Agaie-Katcha-Barro Road in Niger State
37. Construction of Baro Port to Gulu Town in Niger State.