According to Honda, the 2018 Honda Odyssey is all-new. However, most people don’t feel the same. It could easily pass for a facelift.
You’d think it’s the 2016 Odyssey from 10 feet away until you step inside. The new technologies, infotainment system, magic sliding seats and 10 speed automatic transmission will simply welcome you into the future.
Some features of the 2018 Honda Odyssey:
- 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine rated at 280 horsepower.
- A nine-speed automatic transmission comes standard on base and midrange models, while more upscale trim levels benefit from Honda’s 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Comfort for up to 8 passengers.
- Honda CabinWatch and CabinTalk makes it easier than ever to see and communicate with passengers and kids in the rear seats.
- Honda CabinControl gives everyone the opportunity to control the rear temperature, add music to a playlist and send an address to the navigation.
- 8-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen puts everything at your fingertips.
- Innovative Magic Slide 2nd-Row seats for easier access to the 3rd row.
- Advanced Rear Entertainment System.
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection
- A new function named “Social Play List” allows up to eight passengers to upload their favorite songs to the audio system using their smartphones, turning the van into jukebox for the entire family.
With manufacturers recently releasing re-designed and all-new minivans, this segment is about to get more competitive.
Do you like the Odyssey or you still prefer the Sienna?
January 30, 2017 at 10:38
Excellent family ride but so so scared of Honda ACs, heard a lot of people complain badly about it.
January 30, 2017 at 10:46
I understand you. That AC issue could be a big problem. Prolly this one won’t be the same.