Traveling by air is much more expensive than traveling by land.
It is also a fast means of transportation.
So, asides from these, what else about air travels do you know?
We have researched and collected a number of curiosities and impressive facts about air transport. See them below.
- Sydney (Australia) to Dallas (US) is the world longest flight by distance, about 13,810 Km.
- Pilots and Co-pilots eat different meals to reduce the chances of both of them being poisoned at the same time.
- A commercial flight flies at an average speed of 800 Km/h
- A Boeing 747 is made up of about 6 million parts !
- One third of all the airports in the world are in the USA.
- The first aircraft landed in Nigeria on November 1, 1925. It involved three De Havilland DH 9A aircraft belonging to the Royal Air Force, RAF.
- According to planecrashinfo.com there has been about 1104 accidents from the beginning of 1960 till the end of 2015 !.
- KLM is the world oldest airline, it was established in 1919.
- An average Boeing 747 has about 240-289 Kilometers of wiring.
- The Boeing 777 outputs well over 110,000 horsepower . That’s approximately the combined horsepower of about 80 Bugatti Chiron(2017 model)
- Airplanes have secret bedrooms.
- The safest place to sit on a plane is in economy class.
See Also: 5 Best Airports In Africa
- A bird can take out a plane’s engine.
- The busiest international flight route is international route is Hong-Kong – Taipei, Taiwan: 6.5 million passengers travelled between the two Asian destinations in 2018 on almost 27,500 flights.
- The busiest domestic flight route is Seoul-Gimpo – Jeju: 39,460 flights a year take 15.5 million passengers to Unesco-listed Jeju island for its mild climate, fantastic resorts and casinos.
- The cruising altitude for commercial flights is 10-11 km
- Flying is the safest mode of transport
- In case of emergency, Passenger evacuation must take less than 90 seconds
- The first 3 minutes after take-off and the last 8 minutes before landing is the most dangerous time to fly, this is when 80% of plane crashes happen.
- Online Check-in was introduced by Alaskan Airlines In 1999
- About ⅓ of your taste buds are numbed during flight
- Plane windows are round to avoid accidents