Man Lists His Top 8 Reasons For Not Buying Mercedes Benz Cars
There is always one or two things people have to say about Mercedes Benz cars. One thing is certain; it’s either they are for Benz or against it. This time around, a man simply known as Carl Heintz on Quora took out time to state his top 8 reasons for not buying Mercedes Benz cars.
Below are some of the things Mr Carl has to say:
As one who has owned a couple of these cars, my take on it is:
1. They are over-engineered. Way over-engineered. There is beauty in simplicity, but you will find EVERY system in a MB is complex to the point of insanity.
2. Illogical co-dependency of systems. The backup camera doesn’t work unless the radio is on. Put down the rear seat and the front seat headrest will extend itself to maximum height. Open the driver side front door, and if you are traveling less than 5 mph you will be thrown into park. The same committee that designed the camel worked for MB.
3. Every part, down to the oil filter is custom, expensive, and sometimes very hard to get. Pray nothing breaks.
4.Don’t go to the dealer for service unless you really enjoy being fleeced. $800 for an oil change, really? You must find independent service people who understand the car, and know how to service it. This is more difficult than it sounds. For example, take that oil change. To do it right you must put the vehicle on a lift and remove a stone guard panel (8 nuts) then you can access the drain plug. What most grease monkeys do is put a oil vacuum tube down the dipstick tube and pump it out. Great, but that process leaves all the gunk in the pan, just waiting to do damage later.
5. On many models, the front tires are a different size than the rear tires, meaning you can’t rotate them. Reduces the tire life and halves any warranty you might have. Note that you will not be able to notice the difference in size. It’s just enough to be annoying.
6. They depreciate like rocks. Don’t buy one unless it’s 3 or 4 years old. Get a warranty. Or lease a new one.
7. They incite road envy. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been cut off, honked at, etc. Ok, so I am not a pokey or stupid driver, but this is ridiculous.
8. You have to park them away from other cars, otherwise some punk will slam the door of his truck into your pristine side panel. Ka-Ching! That cost a bundle.
Other than that, they are great cars. You do “feel” safe in them. They go as fast as you want… and they have good handling. They look beautiful in a classic sort of way. They are prestigious, if that is of concern.
Do you agree with all he said about Mercedes Benz?
By the way, what are the reasons why you won’t buy Mercedes Benz Cars? Let’s hear from you in the comment section.