Should You Buy A Brand New Car Or A Used One?
Brand New Car Vs Used Car
When it comes to buying a car, we not only have to choose its make, model, and type but also decide whether we are buying it new or used.
Both of these have their pros and cons which will be discussed in this post.
Pros of Buying a New Car
- Reliability Factor of 1: The biggest advantage of buying your car new is that its reliability factor is still 1, e., the car is still in the perfect way it was made in by its manufacturers. A new car would also require few repairs in its first few years.
- Warranty from Dealers: When you buy a new car, you will usually get a warranty from either its manufacturers or dealers. A warranty protects you from car breakdowns and certain repairs throughout the duration of the warranty.
- Equipped with the Latest Technology: Buying a new car means you will be getting a car equipped with the latest technology; better gas mileage, new and improved multimedia and navigation interfaces, etc.
- It Has Not Been Used: This one is a no-brainer. When you buy a new car, you will be the first to use it. That means you will be getting a car that hasn’t been involved in any accidents, does not smell funny, has no wear and tear, etc.
Cons of Buying a New Car
- Financially Heavy: Before you make the decision to buy a new car, you must be financially balanced. New cars are far more costly than used ones, and new cars can pose a heavy strain on your finances.
- May Have an Unknown Manufacturer’s Defect: Yes, buying a new car especially a new model with very few users can lead you to buying a car with a manufacturer’s defect that is yet to be discovered.
Pros of Buying a Used Car
- Not Financially Heavy: A used car would usually cost less than a new one and thus can be affordable to a larger number of people.
- Has More User Reviews: A used car would have been in existence for a few years and used by a quite large number of people. If the car has any bad sides, it would already be public knowledge.
Cons of Buying a Used Car
- Reliability Factor is not 1: When you buy a used car, its reliability factor has diminished. Thus, the car may require more repairs with no warranty to protect you.
- Stuck With Old Technology: Used cars especially the older ones may not have the newest technology fitted. Thus, when you buy a used car, you are stuck to playing with only old technology.
Brand new or used car, which do you prefer to buy? Tell us in the comment section.
Don’t forget to like, rate and share.