Plan your Saturday trip now.. Better to do all your outing on Friday and stay at home on Saturday.
The Second edition of the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon takes place on Saturday, February 11, 2017. For about 12 hours, some parts of our mega city, Lagos, will be temporarily closed to vehicular traffic for the safety and wellbeing of thousands of runners, hundreds of thousands of cheering fans and millions of the public. Below are ALTERNATIVE ROUTES that will ease movements
VEHICULAR TRAFFIC MOVEMENT
- All vehicles coming from Ikeja axis and heading towards Victoria Island MUST go via Ikorodu Road.
- All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and their environs going towards Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa/Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
- Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and especially the National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri / Iganmu, via Eko Bridge through to Victoria Island.
- Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road via Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
- Vehicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
- From Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
- Vehicles coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki environs must use the Lekki Alternative Route to Victoria Island.
- Ikoyi residents going to the Mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.
TOTALLY OR PARTIALLY CLOSED ROADS
- Total closure of Third Mainland Bridge from 7.15 am to 2:00pm
- Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.45 am to 7:30 am
- National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dorman long Bridge, Onipanu, Obanikoro, and Anthony will be closed from 6.45am to 9:00am.
- Anthony area, through to Charly Boy Bus Stop to Oworonsoki, will be closed from 7:15am to 9:00am
- Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge, will be closed from 7.30am to 2:00pm.
- Lekki Ikoyi Bridge at Admiralty Way through to Lekki Phase 1 roundabout through to Lekki Toll gate, will be closed for the race from 7:00am to 2:00pm
The Lagos City Marathon team solicit for your cooperation and understanding.