9 Safety Precautions You Should Keep While Jacking Up Your Car
There are several reasons why one would want to jack up a vehicle. Some of it include changing a flat/bad tyre, carrying out a schedule maintenance, troubleshooting a fault, etc. So, for whatever reason that will warrant you to jack your car, you have to do it safely. Safety first!!!
There are some safety precautions you should keep to avoid personal injury and damage to car.
When jacking your car, be sure to observe the following to reduce the possibility of death or serious injury.
1. Follow jacking instructions recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
2. Do not put any part of your body under the vehicle supported by the jack. Personal injury may occur.
3. Do not start or run the engine while your vehicle is supported by the jack.
4. Stop the vehicle on a level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put the transmission in “P” (automatic) or reverse (Manual). Block the wheels on the opposite side of the jack up point if necessary.
5. Make sure too set the jack properly in the jack point. Raising the vehicle with jack improperly positioned will damage the vehicle or may allow the vehicle to fall off the jack and cause personal injury.
6. Never get under the vehicle when vehicle is supported by the jack alone; use vehicle support stands.
7. Do not raise the vehicle with someone in the vehicle. Commercial drivers in Nigeria hardly keep to this.
8. When raising the vehicle, do not place any objects on top of or underneath the jack. Most Nigerians are guilty of this.
9. Do not use inferior jack. You may end up getting more than you bargained for. This may be harm to oneself or damage to vehicle.
We hope this helps. Kindly like, rate and share. We would still appreciate if you have a contribution to make in the comment section.