Over the past decade, the Maybach name has become synonymous with style, power, and over-the-top luxury. After a brief pause , Mercedes brought the brand back as the range-topping version of its iconic S-Class sedan.
For the vast majority of the Maybach’s customers, either the regular non-armed Pullman limo or the normal length S600 Guard versions will do.
But there are a select few who require both the room of a stretched limo and the armored protection of the S600 Guard.
So Mercedes took the Maybach to a whole new level with an armored stretched limousine version called the S600 Pullman Guard.
Here’s a closer look at the Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman Guard.
1) The $1.6 million Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Pullman Guard limo is armored version of Mercedes-Maybach £450,000 S600 Pullman
2) Stretched to more than 21-feet in length and loaded with armored protection, the Pullman Guard tips the scales at more than 5.5 tons or 11,000 pounds.
3) Due to the weight of the Pullman Guard,the doors open and close with the assistance of an electric motor while the windows are powered by hydraulics.
4) The interior is covered in buttery, quilted leather and has back-facing seats as well. Passengers in the back enjoy private jet-like legroom and reclining captain’s chairs
5) The Mercedes-Maybach Pullman Guard is powered by a 6.0-liter,twin-turbocharged V12 engine generating 530 horsepower and over 737 pound-feet of torque.
6) Armored protection includes integrated steel protection panels inside the body along with overlapping protection panels in critical areas of the car.
7) The Guard also features armored floors to protect occupants from bomb blasts. In addition, the ultra-thick laminated glass windows have been coated with polycarbonate on the inside to prevent splintering.
8) Underneath, the Pullman Guard has ERV 2010 blast protection. Its underbody has floor armoring that helps it resist explosions.
9) It has complete class VR 9 ballistic protection in both transparent and non-transparent areas, which means that it can withstand 7.62 x 51mm rounds from an M60, M14 and FN-FAL.
10) Equipped with run-flat tyres, it can travel a distance of at least 30 kilometres at 80 kmph even with punctured tyres.
11)The current russian presidential state car nicknamed “Kortezh” is a unique Mercedes-Benz S 600 Pullman Guard built upon a medium-duty truck platform, equipped with many life-saving, offensive, and defensive measures, and is built to the Federal Protective Service’s standards.
The next generation of the Russian Presidential State Car “Kortezh” is currently under development by NAMI.
12) The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Pullman Guard is also the most widely used presidential state car by head of states who need a bit more protection against coup plotters.
As a good citizen of Nigeria, don’t you think recommending this amazing luxury for the President or your state Governor won’t be a bad idea?