Many Nigerians ask questions about the duties of the men in black and white uniforms and yellow and black patrol vehicles.
Their duties are:
- Inspection and issuance of road worthiness certificate (RWC) to all vehicles.
- Maintenance of sanity on our various roads and highways by ensuring that all vehicles plying such roads are roadworthy at all time.
- Training and testing of drivers for Drivers Licence.
- Testing of Riders for Riders Card.
- Organizing seminars and public lectures in order to educate drivers.
- Carrying out inspection on accident vehicles.
- Certification of driving schools.