Popular Nigerian businessman and Instagram sensation Mompha (real name Ismail Mustapha) is the CEO of Mompha Bureau De Change. He is also known for his philanthropy and for flaunting expensive items on social media.
According to him, the luxury car set him back by N180million. Amongst other claims, he announced himself as the first African to acquire the collector’s item.
See below, Mompha’s Instagram post to announce his latest automobile acquisition.
“Rolls Royce wraith eagle viii Bespoke collection 2020 Zero kilometre 💰🙏🏿!!! 1 of 50 🦅 world wide, First African to own the latest wraith eagle viii 2020 in the whole world 🌎 and also the only RR wraith 🦅in the Middle East 💪🏿, Congrats to me we made history 🙏🏿!!! 180 million Naira 🤑🤑🤑 King of All wraiths 👏🏿 Happy New month”
Indeed, there is an interesting history behind this collector’s item – the Rolls-Royce Wraith Eagle VIII Bespoke.
Below, we highlight 10 interesting things to know about the latest release of the Rolls-Royce brand.
Mompha: 10 Things To Know About His Rolls Royce Wraith Eagle VIII Bespoke
2. The Rolls Royce Wraith Eagle VIII Bespoke was unveiled On May 24, 2019.
3. The unveiling event took place at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este on the shores of Lake Como in Italy.
4. The Wraith Eagle VIII was produced to commemorate the 100th year anniversary of the world’s first non-stop transatlantic flight. The flight was from Canada to Ireland in June of 1919. Captain John Alcock and Lieutenant Arthur Brown flew the aircraft (a Vickers Vimy biplane).
- The first trans-Atlantic flight by the Vickers Vimy biplane in 1919 inspired the theme for the Wraith Eagle VIII Bespoke. The aircraft was powered by a pair of 20.3-litre, 260kW (350bhp) Rolls-Royce Eagle VIII engines. It is from this remarkable engine that Wraith Eagle VIII got its name.
See Related Post: Rolls-Royce Phantom Vs Aurus Senat L700 (Photos)
- The Wraith Eagle VIII features an analog clock similar to the one in the Vickers Vimy biplane. The clock has an “iced” background that glows a faint green in nighttime driving. The clock also has a red hour hand, which sits atop compass-inspired lines on the fascia, again referencing elements of the plane’s cockpit.
- The Wraith Eagle VIII also sports a starlight headliner — complete with embroidered clouds. It represents the constellations Lieutenant Brown used to guide the plane to Ireland after its navigation instruments failed shortly after takeoff.
- A brass adorns the door ‘paniers’, in addition to a brass plaque with the following quote from Winston Churchill:
“I do not know what we should most admire – their audacity, determination, skill, science, their aeroplane, their Rolls-Royce engines – or their good fortune”.
- Inside, there’s Selby Grey and Black leather throughout, accented by brass highlights. There’s actual brass for the speaker covers, which depict the estimated 1880 miles of the first non-stop transatlantic flight, while brass RR monograms are embroidered into the headrests.
- Rolls-Royce will produce just 50 examples of the Wraith Eagle VIII for discerning collectors.
Celebrities Auto2 days ago
Rapper Blaqbonez Buys Mercedes E-Class As His Album Hits Number One (Video)
News1 day ago
Winpart By CFAO Launches A Spare Parts E-Commerce Website For All Car Brands
News2 days ago
Big Brother Is Watching : Lagos Begins Installation Of 2,000 CCTV Cameras To Enhance Security
News2 days ago
China Gets Special Mercedes-Maybach S480 With Less Power To Beat Heavy Tax
News2 days ago
FRSC Inaugurates New Inspectorate Training School In Delta State
News21 hours ago
Jude Okoye Flaunts His Cars (PHOTOS)
News7 hours ago
Throwback: How Trumpeters On Camels Announced Arrival & Departure Of Flights At Kano Airport (PHOTO/VIDEO)
Latest Cars2 days ago
Ferrari Unleashes The 812 Competizione And Competizione A Special Edition Models (Photos)