The introduction of the Lagos BRT significantly ushered the state away from the unenviable example of a classic urban disorder.
The BRT is a mass transit system that employs dedicated lanes, enabling buses to avoid traffic – and by extension, ensure shorter duration of journeys.
The first phase of the BRT project commenced in Lagos in 2008. The Lagos State Government through the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) licensed Primero Transport Services Limited and others for BRT operation in the state.
Primero Transport Services Limited is a modern transportation outfit that provides quality, affordable, fast and convenient services to its commuters across Ikorodu to Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) routes.
In this article, we highlight 10 things that you should know about Primero Transport Services Limited.
- The Lagos State Government through the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) licensed primero Transport Services and other BRT operators in the state in 2014.
2. Primero commence operation in November 2015 with the purchased of 434 high-capacity Yutong buses . The purchased of the buses by the firm was financed through a bank.
- Contrary to public perception, Primero TSL is not owned by the Lagos State government. The company is a privately owned transport and allied Services Company. The company has a constituted Board of Directors devoid of membership or participation by the Lagos State Government.
- Primero is the operator of the Blue BRT buses along Ikorodu-TBS routes.
- Currently, Primero has over 550 buses in its fleet.
- The State government is not subsidising BRT services. There is no provision for subsidy/support for regulated public transport operators in the state.
- Patronizing BRT buses requires the use of the Cowry-card. The new electronic payment scheme-Cowry card- is a Lagos State government initiative. It was introduced to the Ikorodu-TBS route on the 1st of February 2021 and had earlier been introduced at the Abule-Egba-Oshodi corridor. It aimed to reduce cash transactions in the transport operation as per global world best practices to enhance efficiency, promote accountability and reduce leakages. This is in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria’s cashless policy initiative.
- Primero capacity boasts of a fuel storage facility, an automated washing bay, a maintenance workshop, a warehouse, and a technology-driven control room that helps determine buses and traffic status.
- Primero is well involved in a number of community development and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives. In November 2016, Primero donated classrooms to the Majidun Junior Grammar School located in its host community Majidun, Ikorodu, to mark its first anniversary. In August 2020, Primero organised a cleanup exercise at Ikorodu and donated 10,000 facemasks during to the people of its host community. The cleanup exercise was in response to commuter expectations of Primero’s support in the fight against Covid-19.
- The Lagos State government started operations of new routes (Abule-Egba to Oshodi) with the new buses under the Bus Reform Initiative on August 2020 with operators including Amalgamated, TSL and Primero Transport Services Limited.
News1 day ago
Covid-19: Hundreds Of Taxis Turned To Vegetable Farm In Thailand (Pics)
News10 hours ago
Sophisticated And Sporty: The All-New Kia Seltos Compact SUV Now In Nigeria
News1 day ago
Nigeria Police Force Emergency Numbers In All 36 States And FCT
Latest Cars2 days ago
Honda Passport Gets Rugged Off-road Oriented TrailSport Trim For 2022
News1 day ago
A Funeral Truck With Ad ‘Don’t Get Vaccinated’ Urges People To Get Vaccinated
News1 day ago
Angry Fans Whose Side Lost 2-0 Burn Referee’s Mercedes While Driving Home From Match
Latest Cars18 hours ago
Brabus Unleashes World Fastest SUV In The 900 Rocket Edition (Photos)
News17 hours ago
Moment Pastor Kumuyi Arrived In Style At An Event In Chrysler 300 Limousine