News
Aston Martin To Cut 20 Percent Of Its Workforce
Aston Martin is cutting up to 20 percent of its workforce. The company, which employs approximately 3,000 people, has been hit by US and Chinese import tariffs over the past year.
Aston Martin, which released its annual results last week Wednesday, expects to save approximately £40 million (about €45.9 million) with the job cuts. CEO Adrian Hallmark, in a statement, called 2025 “one of the most turbulent years in recent memory” for the luxury car market. He said demand for these types of cars was being impacted by increasing geopolitical uncertainties and import tariffs from the United States and China.
During the previous job cuts a year ago, Aston Martin cut 5 percent of its workforce, approximately 170 jobs. The car manufacturer hoped to end a year-long streak of disappointing results. However, this proved unsuccessful last year as well. Losses rose to £493 million last year, compared to £323.5 million in 2024.
Under the leadership of Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll, who rescued the company in 2020, the sports car manufacturer had to recover from years of losses and reduce its debt. These efforts were thwarted by product delays, quality issues, and higher US import tariffs, among other things.
Aston Martin warned last week of a larger loss in 2025 due to the tariffs. “I don’t want to blame Donald Trump for all our woes, but he certainly played a major role in the problems we faced last year,” Hallmark said in an interview.




-
News1 week agoLamborghini Revuelto SV Sets Production-Car Lap Record Ahead Of August 14 World Premiere
-
Business5 days agoDangote Cement Rewards Top Distributor With New 2026 Lexus LX700h Worth Over ₦400 Million
-
News1 week agoDavido’s Mystery Supercar? Mansory Teases One-Off Open-Top Masterpiece Believed To Be Bugatti Mistral
-
News1 week agoThe Four-Cylinder Engine Issues With Jaguar Land Rover Are Still There
-
News1 day agoUltra-Rare, Centre-Driving McLaren F1 GTR Fetches Record $34.6 Million At Auction
-
Auto Sport1 week ago7:32 Minutes: All-New Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 Sets Nürburgring Record As Fastest In Its Class
-
News2 days agoMansa Fulfills Challenge: TikTok Star Peller Gifted ₦300 Million Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon
-
News6 days agoMoment Fiat Panda Drives Onto Runway And Crashes Into Private Jet Taxiing At Milan Airport
