Connect with us

Celebrities Auto

Pope Francis’ Gold-plated Harley-Davidson Bike Fetches ₦19.6m At Auction

Obafemee80

Published

on

Harley-Davidson-Bike

Harley-Davidson-Bike

A 2016 gold-plated Harley-Davidson bike blessed by Pope Francis was sold for $54,000 at the Bonhams Autumn Stafford Sale on October 20th, 2019.

The heavily customised “Pope Bike”, known as “White Unique”, was dubbed a “Holy Davidson” by auctioneers Bonhams. It was delivered to Pope Francis on July 7th, 2019 by Jesus Bikers and Würzburg Village.

Harley-Davidson-Bike





Harley-Davidson-Bike

The 1570cc Twin Cam custom bike is finished in white pearlescent paint and gold-plated trim pieces. It also has a Chi-Rho symbol embossed into the leather seat and a golden Cross above the headlight.

Harley-Davidson-Bike

Auction house Bonhams had earlier estimated that the bike will sell for between $55,000 to $110,000 at the auction on Sunday in Stafford.

Proceeds will be donated to charity to help build an orphanage and a school in Uganda for abandoned and deprived children.

The bike is the newest in a line of vehicles donated to the Papacy that was auctioned off to raise money for charity.





Back in 2014, a 2013 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide bike, delivered by Harley-Davidson’s grand son, was sold for $327,000.

The price far exceeded the $16,000 to $22,000 presale estimate. All the proceeds was used to cater for the homeless and the unemployed.

Few months ago, a custom-built 2018 Lamborghini Huracan coupe that was gifted to the pope was sold for $861,000. The auctioned price was four times the base price of a Huracan.

70 percent of the money went to war ravaged Nineveh in Iraq. The remaining 30 percent was shared between various religious organizations.





Trending