The Access Bank Lagos Marathon holds on February 2, 2019 for about 12 hours. Some parts of Lagos will be closed to vehicular and human traffic for the safety of thousands of runners, hundreds of thousands of cheering fans and millions of Lagosians.
Find below alternative routes that will ease the movement of Lagosians and thousands who would want to join us at the Eko Atlantic finish point.
· All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road.
· All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then unto Victoria Island.
· Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vechicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicles Coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island. Ikoyi residents going to the mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.
The following roads will be totally or partially closed:
A. Total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from 6.45am to 2pm
B. Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.00am to 7.30am
C. National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge. Onipanu Obanikoro and Anthony will be closed from 6.00am to 8.00am
D. From Anthony ,Charley Boy Bus Stop to Oworoshoki Will be closed from 6.30am to 8.30am
From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.00am to 2pm.
Success to the participants and save trips to road users.