Chevrolet has introduced the 2019 Camaro lineup with distinctive but not radically different designs, new available technologies and the first-ever Turbo 1LE.
- Camaro SS now offered with 10L80 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission featuring custom launch control and line lock
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 systems, including available navigation
- New available Rear Camera Mirror
- New available Forward Collision Alert
The 2019 Camaro’s updated designs are not only striking but also help to improve performance. For instance, the grille details and hood and fascia vents were designed for optimized air flow, either to cool components or help minimize drag or lift. Camaro designers follow the mantra that all elements must not only be beautiful but also enhance performance.
The new Camaro Turbo 1LE joins the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars. Leveraging the impressive performance and ideal weight distribution enabled by Camaro’s 2.0L turbocharged engine, the Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission and a tailored chassis package derived from the V6 1LE to offer track-capable performance. Highlights include:
- FE3 suspension with larger diameter front and rear stabilizer bars, specifically tuned dampers, stiffer rear cradle bushings and cross-axis ball joints in the rear tow links that enhance lateral stiffness
- Split front/rear summer-only tyre sizes: P245/40R20 (front) and P275/35R20 (rear)
- 2.0L turbo engine with 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm)
- Brembo brake package with low-metallic performance pads
- Nearly 50/50 weight balance
- Driver Mode Selector with Sport Mode and new Track Mode; Competition Mode (within Sport and Track Modes) includes performance instrument readouts, launch control, shift lights and more
- Standard sueded flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob plus available Recaro seats
Camaro tech: next-generation infotainment, rear camera mirror and more
The 2019 Camaro offers Chevrolet’s next-generation Infotainment 3 with all-new systems that provide a more personalized experience and a more intuitive interface.
The standard system features a 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen. An 8-inch diagonal touchscreen running Infotainment 3 is available, including one with navigation.
Additional new technology features and enhancements include:
- Standard Rear Camera Mirror on 2SS and ZL1 models offers a wider, less obstructed field of view using a camera display that eliminates potential obstructions such as rear body pillars or seat headrests; a conventional rearview mirror view is also available
- Improved standard rear-vision camera system* with a new, digital high-definition camera that offers improved view quality
- Forward Collision Alert joins Camaro’s roster of available active safety features
- Enhanced Performance Data Recorder system