Ahead of Saturday’s (tomorrow’s) Access Bank Lagos City Marathons, here are roads that will be closed and alternative routes for motorists.
The Access Bank Lagos City Marathon takes place on April 10th 2021 (tomorrow) for about 12 hours in the city of Lagos State.
For the safety of thousands of runners, hundreds of thousands of cheering fans and millions of Lagosians, some parts of Lagos State will be shut down.
Below are alternative routes that will ease the movement of Lagosians who might not be watching the marathon’s live transmission due to one reason or another.
• All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road
• All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2, and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and the National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then on to Victoria Island
• Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
• Vehicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile , Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• From Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island
• Vehicles coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island
• Ikoyi residents going to the Mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland
*THE FOLLOWING ROADS WILL BE TOTALLY OR PARTIALLY CLOSED*
a) Total closure of Third Mainland Bridge from 7.15 am to 2pm
b) Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.45 am to 7.30 am
c) National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge, Onipanu, Obanikoro, and Anthony will be closed from 6.45am to 9 am
d) From Anthony to Charly Boy Bus Stop to Oworonsoki will be closed from 7.15 am to 9 am
e) From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.30 am to 2pm.
Lagos and Access Bank thank the great people of Lagos for their cooperation and understanding.
News1 day ago
Throwback: How Trumpeters On Camels Announced Arrival & Departure Of Flights At Kano Airport (PHOTO/VIDEO)
Latest Cars2 days ago
Meet The 2022 Toyota Sienna Woodland Edition, A Minivan With An Off-Road Touch
News2 days ago
China Now Has More Billionaires Than US, They Are Now Ordering $1M Rolls-Royce Through Phone App, WeChat
Latest Cars2 days ago
2021 Ford Explorer Timberline The Off-Road Explorer For Large Families (Photos)
News20 hours ago
Nigerian Supercar Maker, Jerry Mallo, Showcases His Market-ready Tractors
Celebrities Auto1 day ago
Nollywood Actor Somadina Adinma Purchases A Toyota Venza As A Birthday Gift
Latest Cars1 day ago
2022 Peugeot 308 Debuts With Advanced Tech And A New Plug-In-Hybrid Option
News19 hours ago
Actor Zubby Micheal Flaunts His Latest Ride, Range Rover SUV (Video)